Do you find yourself making a huge New Year’s resolution every January, only to give up on it after a few weeks? Not following through with New Year’s resolutions, whether they have to do with fitness or developing healthy eating habits, is a common occurrence, but it doesn’t have to be that way. Here are some tips to help you stick to your guns and be successful in keeping your New Year’s resolution this time around.
- Have a plan. Whether your resolution is simple or intricate, having a plan of action in place will help you stay on track and give you a greater shot and successfully carrying out your resolution.
- Tackle one resolution at a time. Having more than one New Year’s resolution can be a recipe for disaster if you overwhelm yourself trying to accomplish them all at once. That’s why, for a maximum chance of success, the best thing to do is tackle one resolution at a time. It will allow you to focus on one thing and it will enable you to completely achieve a goal before moving on to a next one.
- Stay in good spirits. A great attitude and a great mood can each be essential to keeping resolutions. So load up on your favorite comedies, surround yourself with positivity, and you will have a better chance of achieving your objectives.
- Break up large resolutions into smaller, more manageable goals. If you have a larger resolution to get through, break it up into smaller goals so that you can slowly but surely achieve success. For example, if your goal is to work on your fitness goals, rather than saying that you will become a triathlete by the end of the year, start out by deciding on days that you will work out at the gym, and slowly add goals from there.
- Create a list of reasons why your resolution is important to you. When you find yourself discouraged or on the verge of giving up, having a list of reasons why your resolution is important to you can be a great way to bring yourself back into the game.
- Don’t have a “plan B”. Having a backup plan makes it too easy to give up on your original plan. Don’t give yourself an easy way out. Make an actual plan — just one — and stick to it.
If one of your resolutions is to save money, Cirro Energy can help you save on your electricity plan. Visit Cirro Energy’s website for more information on low-cost energy plans, and join Cirro’s social media communities on Facebook and Twitter.