Wouldn’t it be great if your Texas electricity company helped you figure out how to save money on other things, besides electricity? Your wish is granted! Here’s how you can throw a fantastic Big Game party and save money at the same time.
- Be realistic in your planning. Decide on a budget, and stick to it. You can save money by making your own food and using your own dishes, rather than buying premade and disposable. A bit of creativity can make a small budget go a long way!
- Start with the decorations. Festive décor makes the party more fun, and can be done on a very limited budget! A couple of creative football ideas are coasters cut from artificial turf, and a tablecloth made of a chalkboard contact paper with lines drawn on it to resemble a football field. Leave chalk on the table, and your guests can have fun drawing their own plays during the game!
- The food is the focus, at any party. Big game or no, your party won’t be memorable without a marvelous menu. Finger food is always a good bet, and it’s inexpensive to serve chips and salsa, Fancy Pigs in a Blanket, or a raw vegetable plate with ranch dressing for dipping. If the crowd you’re entertaining is open to the idea, you can even host a Big Game potluck, supplying a main dish and letting your friends bring sides and desserts.
- Bring Your Own Drinks. Guests will be happy to bring their favorite drinks and you can provide ice and basic 2-liter bottles of soft drinks.
- Setting up for maximum enjoyment. Make sure there’s plenty of seating where you’ll be viewing the game, but also set up a few conversation areas in other rooms for those who might want to chat instead. Plan for a few party games as well, encouraging guests to guess the winning team, rate the commercials, and choose the MVP. You can have inexpensive gifts for prizes, or collect a little bit of money from each guest to create a pool for the winners.
If you’re looking for ways to throw a Big Game party on a budget, start with this great list! If you’re looking for a Texas electricity company that cares about its customers, offers flexible money saving plans, and lets you manage your account online, Cirro Energy is your champion! For more lifestyle and budget tips, connect with Cirro Energy on Facebook, Twitter, and on the Cirro Energy blog!