As a Houston electricity company, Cirro Energy is in homes across Texas. Now that spring is approaching, we know that many of our customers are gearing up for spring cleaning! Here we offer some tips to help you conserve your own energy, while getting your home fresh and clean for spring.
- Have a plan. Know exactly what’s involved in your spring cleaning, and you’ll find it easier to tackle. Before you begin, go from room to room and make a list of what you want to accomplish. If you’re pressed for time, use a timer to help keep you on track- you’ll be surprised!
- Delegation is the key to success. Enlist your family members by assigning tasks, and you’ll find it all goes much quicker. Don’t be afraid to use incentives- you’ll all deserve a pizza party or fun outing after it’s all done!
- Organize your supplies. Use a toolbox or bucket to carry cleaning supplies from room to room, and you’ll always have what you need close at hand, while saving time from trips to your cleaning supply storage.
- Clean from top to bottom. This will keep dust and dirt from falling onto surfaces you’ve already cleaned. Start at a fixed point of the room, and work your way around in a circle until you’ve completed the whole room.
- Gather clutter into a basket to get it out of your way. Don’t worry about putting everything away while you’re cleaning a room, just scoop it up and carry it with you, putting it away once you enter the room where it belongs.
- Use your vacuum to its best advantage. Now is the time to use all of those attachments to dust, clean upholstery, and clean carpets and floors without ever switching to other cleaning tools.
- Save energy by washing most of your clothes in cold water. This is one tip that this Houston electricity company can really get behind, as it helps keeps your energy costs low by reducing your energy usage! To kill germs, however, sheets, towels, and underwear are better washed on hot.
- Make cleaning the toilet easier and non-toxic with Tang. A teaspoon of Tang Drink mix in the bowl will dissolve stains if you let it sit for a few minutes before scrubbing. Better yet, it won’t harm your dog if he decides to take a sip!
To save money on your energy bills this Spring, look to this Houston electricity company, trusted by Texans to provide low, fixed rates and exceptional, friendly customer service. For more lifestyle and energy tips, connect with Cirro Energy on Facebook and Twitter.