Homeowners can save money and energy during the winter months without sacrificing warmth. Check out these energy-saving tips from Cirro Energy so you can stay cozy without breaking the bank.
- Lower the thermostat. Follow the U.S. Department of Energy’s recommendations, which state that you can save about 10% on your heating bill by lowering your thermostat 10-15 degrees when you’re out of the house or at night time.*
- Let the sunshine in. We have a natural heater in nature. Why not use it? Use the sun as a heating source for your home. Let the sunlight in through your south-facing windows during the day for a free source of heat.
- Leaks be gone! Energy leaks through your home, often through poorly installed windows and doors. Check your home for potential leaks and seal them to save more.
- Love your winter accessories. One of the best parts of winter is the accessories that go along with the season. So celebrate the arrival of the cool weather with cozy blankets, warm mittens and comfy sweaters, and save yourself a bundle in heating costs at home.
- Look over your heating systems. Maintenance is essential for heating systems that work properly. Be sure to follow up with maintenance checks on your water heater and central heating systems to ensure that they are as energy efficient as possible.
Winter is a time for fun and family. Following these energy-saving tips for winter will enable you enjoy this season without the burden of high energy costs.
If you’re looking to save money on your electricity plan, now is the time to look into it. Visit Cirro Energy’s website for more information on low-cost energy plans, and join Cirro Energy’s social media communities on Facebook and Twitter.
Check back every month for new blogs on helpful electricity tips and advice that fits your lifestyle.