Most of us are always on the lookout for energy saving tips to keep our homes operating at optimal energy efficiency. However, we often neglect to find energy tips that benefit our own bodies. Are you using your personal energy wisely? Does it seem difficult, sometimes, to find the energy you need to get through your busy day and do the important things you need to do? Here are some tips to help improve your energy levels on a daily basis, so you can expend your energy on the things that really matter.
Think about this: we all have the same amount of time in a day, but we don’t all seem to have the same amount of energy. Why is that? Granted, some people are busier than others, and have more to fit into their days, but even among those with very similar workloads, there’s a broad discrepancy. How is it that some people have learned to fill their finite time with seemingly infinite reserves of energy, while others lag and struggle to get things accomplished? Here are just a few of the energy boosting tips they follow that can improve your energy and your general health.
- Get moving early. Remember Newton’s Law? Objects in motion, stay in motion. The best way to start your day is with a short burst of exercise to get your body moving and your blood flowing.
- Fuel your body with the right kinds of food. Think of food in terms of how much energy it provides, and you’ll be surprised at how differently you feel. Start the morning off with protein and snack frequently during the day, but limit your intake of coffee and sugary treats. Instead, boost your energy with a handful of nuts, a piece of fruit, some yogurt or another nutrient-packed snack.
- Stay hydrated. Drinking enough water can help alleviate dehydration symptoms like headache and fatigue, and some experts advocate drinking water instead of coffee first thing in the morning. When you’re exercising, try electrolyte infused water to keep you going and fight fatigue.
- Take time to refresh, throughout the day. It’s no wonder people feel fatigued sitting in one place staring at a screen all day. Take breaks to get up and move around, and while you’re up, make a point to notice your surroundings. When you can’t leave your desk, make a point to exercise your eyes frequently, focusing on something across the room for 20 seconds, every 20 minutes. Even small amounts of movement can get your blood flowing and boost energy levels.
- Breathe. Develop the habit of breathing deeply while purposefully quieting your mind and improving your mental focus. To calm your brain, and create a sort of mental reboot, take a moment to yourself, close your eyes, clear your mind and take several deep breaths.
- Get some exercise. Keep it calm, practice yoga or stretching, and you’ll find that a 5-10 minute workout session once a day will help you wind down and may improve your quality of sleep.
- Limit consumption of alcohol as well as caffeine. Just as you’ve lowered the amount of coffee you drink, so you should limit your intake of alcohol. You’re probably aware that drinking too much coffee can be disruptive to your sleep, but did you know that drinking alcohol before bed, can have a similar effect? Both can cause a restless night, leaving you feeling drained during the day.
- Get plenty of rest. The restorative powers of sleep are well-known. Aim for at least 7 hours each night and keep the same sleep schedule on the weekend that you’ve established during the week. If you find your energy flagging in the afternoon, consider a power nap of 10-20 minutes to give you a boost. Some of the greatest minds in history have found catnaps to be extremely rejuvenating.
- Remember that energy is not just physical. Keeping your mind active and promoting social interaction can help you thrive and avoid problems like Alzheimer’s. Prioritize your connections with other people and take time to exercise your mind as well as your body, by reading and engaging in challenging games and puzzles, including crosswords and Sudoku.
Helping you thrive is important to Cirro Energy. That’s why we offer energy saving tips to help you save money, as well as electric plans to fit your family’s needs and work within your budget. For more information on Cirro Energy electric plans, visit our website. To connect with the online community, visit us on Facebook and Twitter.