Cirro Energy is a Dallas electric company that cares about its customers and the community it serves. Looking back at 2012, Cirro is grateful for opportunities to directly participate in multiple key community events throughout the year, as well as support a variety of causes to make a difference in the lives of families across the state of Texas.
Cirro Energy understands the importance of philanthropic efforts such as charitable giving, sponsorships and volunteer work, not only in supporting the growth and health of local communities, but also in support of unexpected, tragic disasters like Hurricane Sandy. As the entire organization together reflects on all of the moments in the past year, they are hopeful and optimistic about the opportunities to lend as many helping hands as they can in 2013. Here are some favorite 2012 Cirro Energy giving initiatives:
- Chihuly Nights at the Dallas Arboretum was an amazing event for Cirro Energy and the state of Texas. Cirro played an integral role in providing the funds that brought this gorgeous artistic spectacle to Dallas, with Chihuly’s stunning creations lit for visitors to enjoy as they strolled through the gardens. The company’s employees volunteered as art hosts to explain the exhibits to visitors. It’s all part of Cirro’s belief in proactive community involvement and the arts. Involvement also extended to the online community, where Cirro conducted a month-long social media contest with prizes for the great photos of the “Chihuly Nights” exhibit.
- Cirro brought to life the Heard Museum‘s exhibit Dinosaurs Live! How many electric companies can say they’ve had the rare privilege of bringing dinosaurs to life? Dinosaurs Live! featured animatronic dinosaurs designed to educate and entertain. This was a fun activity families enjoyed together!
- Cirro Energy was pleased to be part of the Triumph Book Launch. Back in May at the Plano VFW, volunteers from this electric company in Dallas, TX helped launch The Triumph Book: HEROES, which helps veterans overcome Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) by sharing their stories.
- August was back to school! Cirro was delighted to participate in the excitement this time of year brings, by joining with other prominent companies supporting the Plano ISD’s efforts to expand math and science education through involvement with the North Texas STEM program. The new STEM equipment provided by Cirro Energy is helping hundreds of middle school students learn, grow, and thrive.
- Cirro brought Halloween fun to two zoos. In Dallas, there was the Dallas Zoo’s Halloween Nights program, where Cirro sponsored the Animal Adventures Show; at Fort Worth’s Boo at the Zoo, the Dallas electric company not only sponsored the event, but also brought back the well-loved carved pumpkin patch!
- November was Movember at the Cirro offices. Cirro Energy male employees participated in this fun way to bring awareness to prostate cancer, by growing out their facial hair all month.
- This Dallas electric company also helped support relief efforts for those suffering in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy. Cirro was in a unique position to help because the parent company of this electric company in Dallas TX is Dominion, a power company that not only worked hard to restore power to affected areas on the East Coast, but also donated over $25,000. Dedicated Cirro volunteers who wanted to donate as well held a fundraiser Nov.12-16.
- The holidays brought many opportunities to give back to the community. Cirro volunteers were busy all over town in places like the Stewpot in Downtown Dallas, where they gathered to serve. In addition, Cirro helped children in need through its Little Angels campaign that used social media to raise awareness by asking people to post photos of their favorite holiday ornaments on the Cirro Facebook page. For each ornament posted, the company donated $5, and the total raised of $10,000 benefited three children’s charities: Plano Children’s Medical Clinic, Kids’ Meals of Houston and Community Partners of Dallas.
2012 was a humbling and rewarding year for Cirro Energy, with so many chances to learn, grow, and touch the lives of others. 2013 will bring new opportunities for this electric company to provide great Dallas electric service and great customer service and to get involved in the community in meaningful ways. Please join the Cirro community this year on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.