At Cirro Energy, we understand that sometimes being thrifty can put a damper on your social life. This is especially true on holidays such as Valentine’s Day, when everyone’s either going out and spending money on a big date or staying in and spending energy cooking an elaborate meal. How can you conquer this conundrum? Cirro Energy has some great ideas for energy-saving Valentine’s Day dates.
- Enjoy the great outdoors. A stroll in the park, a day at the arboretum, or even a trip to the lake costs little to nothing, and yet benefits the body and soul. Plan a day date to fit your couple personality: if you’re active, try a new adventure; if you’re more easygoing, try a scenic walk.
- Have candlelit snacks. Taken from an ancient Persian poem, “A loaf of bread, a jug of wine, and thou.” Why not dine on bread, cheese and wine by candlelight and reminisce about your relationship?
- Order in. Save your energy, and the energy in your home, by deciding not to cook this year. Instead, order in, perhaps exploring a cuisine that’s new to you or maybe just enjoying an old favorite.
- If you’re determined to cook that romantic dinner, use good energy sense. Consider something that can be made in the slow cooker or a dinner that requires minimal cooking time. If you’re using the oven, use ceramic or glass baking dishes, and you’ll be able to set your oven for 25 degrees less than the recipe suggests.
- Make Valentine’s Day a family affair. Save gas, energy and money by skipping the usual babysitter and date night routine. Instead, throw a family party with homemade decorations, favorite snacks and handmade cards to exchange. You’ll be saving energy while building memories and reinforcing familial bonds.
Building strong relationships is important to a strong family life, and helping families thrive is important to Cirro Energy. That’s why we offer electric plans to fit your family’s needs and work within your budget. For more information on Cirro Energy electric plans, visit www.cirroenergy.com. To connect with the online community, visit us on Facebook and Twitter.