Summer is coming to an end, and Cirro Energy knows that prepping for back to school can be overwhelming. While it’s always exciting to get the kids geared up for a whole new year, it can also be a hassle to try to remember everything you need to get done so Cirro Energy wants to share this handy checklist to help you handle it efficiently and easily.
- Make sure the wardrobe is back-to-school ready. Go through each child’s fall wardrobe, donating outgrown items to charity or selling them on eBay or ThredUp. Make a list of what is needed to augment what you already have, and make the most of the back to school sales!
- Be sure any summer work has been completed. Check the summer math packets and reading lists, to make sure your children are prepared to start the year on the right foot.
- Familiarize yourself with the school calendar and policies. Write the school schedule down on your family calendar, and review things like dress code and conduct policies, so that you’re sure your kids know what to expect.
- Schedule the necessary checkups. Especially if your children are involved in sports, it’s important to get their yearly physicals completed.
- Start to get the schedule back on track. A week or two before school starts, begin moving bedtimes and mornings back to an earlier time, so it won’t be such a shock when school is back in session and the alarm clock is once again the harsh reality.
- Get the kids polished and prepared. Schedule haircuts and make sure they have the right eyeglasses, if necessary, but also spend some time talking about the new school year and getting them excited about it. For kids in middle and high school, it’s a great time to discuss goals, both short and long term.
- Prep your kitchen for back-to-school meals. Stock up on snacks and lunch foods, but also spend some time planning ahead for family meals in those first hectic weeks of school.
- Stock up on supplies required by the school. You’ll be able to find a list of school supplies in major retailers like Target and Wal-Mart, specific to your school. Your kids should have some input, especially on things like lunch boxes and backpacks, but make sure that whatever they choose is in line with the school’s requirements. This is also a good time to talk to them about charity, and consider making a donation to help less fortunate kids get their supplies, too.
- Plan ahead for school year child care. Summer is the right time to sign kids up for after-school care, before the best programs are full. Make sure everyone knows where they’re supposed to be, when their extracurricular activities will take place, and who they can call in case of emergency.
- Set up school friendly spaces in your house. Your organization may have fallen by the wayside over the summer, and now is the perfect time to get it back on track. Make sure there’s a good space for homework completion, but also have a plan for backpacks and important papers, which can become overwhelming at the beginning of the school year.
Cirro Energy is a company that cares about the community, and strives to help families find answers and information to make their lives a little easier. If you’re looking for low fixed rates, a commitment to customer service, and account management that works for you, you are in the right place with Cirro Energy. For more information, visit the www.cirroenergy.com. For a deeper connection, join Cirro Energy Facebook and on Twitter.