It’s hard to believe that summer is coming to a close, but for the kids who participated in the Summer Fun Thursdays sponsored by Cirro Energy, the summer months were well spent. Over 500 children attended each event at The Shops at Willow Bend, running weekly throughout June and July. These events were another way for Cirro Energy to reach out to the community, providing parents and kids with opportunities to enjoy free old-fashioned fun close to home.
- On June 13, The Amazing Bubble Guy performed his Bubble Wonder Show on Willow Bend’s new, larger stage. With pre-show entertainment by “The Energizers,” the Amazing Bubble Guy created bubble magic in the form of a bubble caterpillar, bubble volcano, electric dancing bubble, bubble merry-go-round, and even a bubble in the shape of a cube! The kids had a great time at this inspiring and educational show. Registration was easy and convenient for parents, done on iPads for the first time, and kids received coupons for a free kids’ meal at Chick-fil-A.
- The fun continued June 20 with music by FunikiJam. Certified child educators who are also Broadway performers, the cast of FunikiJam brought award-winning entertainment and education in their show that explore world culture through songs, rhymes, and chants.
- On June 27, Todd McKinney was on hand with his Comedy Magic Show. One of the best children’s magicians in Central Texas, Todd McKinney put on a high-energy show that featured amazing magic and audience participation. It was a pretty sweet show, but not as sweet as coupons given for Häagen-Dazs® ice cream to the kids!
- Summer Fun Thursdays returned with a bang July 11. Dallas’s own Eddie Coker, a children’s singer/songwriter, gave a unique performance that featured quirky characters. His show provided educational and soulful elements designed to build character by promoting kindness and empathy, physical fitness and self-value. Once again, The Energizers provided their pre-entertainment show. In addition, each child received a voucher for a free pretzel from Auntie Anne’s.
- On July 18, Flumpa® and Friends LIVE was the main attraction. Flumpa the science mascot tree frog and Wendy “The Singing Scientist” brought a fast-paced show with unique music and science fun. Kids in attendance had a blast spinning with the planets, traveling on a rainbow, cheering for their favorite reptile or amphibian, swimming in oceans, and hopping like frogs—all while getting active and learning about science. Kids received vouchers for cookies for The Great American Cookie Company.
- The grand finale was July 25, when the circus came to town! Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey® brought a preview of their new show DRAGONS, which runs from July 31 to Aug. 11 at the American Airlines Center and Aug. 14 to 18 at the Fort Worth Convention Center. The circus’s Ambassadors of Laughter made children laugh, and circus performers demonstrated feats of bravery and athleticism—and kids even had the opportunity to test their own circus skills! Kids received vouchers for free popcorn.
Family events like Summer Fun Thursdays are part of what makes Cirro Energy such a great part of the community. Cirro Energy is not just a power company with low rates, but a local business that cares about being actively involved in the communities it serves. To learn more about Cirro’s exceptional customer service, competitively priced plans, and energy efficiency products, visit www.cirroenergy.com. For a deeper connection, and to stay informed about all that Cirro Energy does locally, join the online community on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.