As summer break is winding down, make the most of it and take a vacation before school starts back up! Sometimes budgets and schedules don’t permit a long escape, but if you live in Dallas, Texas, there are plenty of great activities and events to fill a summer staycation.
- Staged Sensation: You can catch the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus as they swing through Dallas! The show will be at the American Airlines center from July 29 to August 9.
- Ritzy Relaxation: The Joule is one of the best boutique hotels in Dallas and a popular celebrity stopover. If that’s not fancy enough for you, visit Spa Castle in Carrollton to enjoy detoxifying saunas, swim-up bars and heated pools full of massaging jets, or go for a full-body massage or scrub to melt away the stresses of ordinary life.
- Open Outdoors: If your family prefers roughing it, Dinosaur Valley State Park is a can’t-miss experience. Not only can you sleep under the stars, but you can also see fossilized dinosaur tracks and search for geocaches. You can even bring your horse!
- Educational Entertainment: The Perot Museum of Science is already a super cool place to learn, but with their sleepover program, you can actually spend the night! The experience is complete with a midnight snack and 3D movie.
- Theme Park Thrills: Dallas is home to Bahama Beach Waterpark, LEGOLAND Discovery Center Grapevine, Medieval Times Dallas, and of course, Six Flags & Hurricane Harbor. Need we say more?
One benefit of getting out and about for a staycation is that when you’re not at home, you’re saving money by using less electricity! Helping families save money on electricity is important to Cirro Energy, and that’s why we offer electric plans to fit your family’s needs and work within your budget. For more information on electric plans, visit the Cirro Energy website. To connect with the online community, visit us on Facebook and Twitter.