Cirro Energy, a Houston electricity company, has deep roots in the community and cares about the people in it. That’s why we volunteer and support charities; it’s our way of helping to improve the quality of life for others and making the community a better place to live, work and play. At this time of year, it’s important to prepare your home for the stormy weather that often comes with spring. This Houston electricity company has some tips to share on preparing your house for the rainy season.
- Your roof is a very expensive and important part of your home, and performing routine maintenance can help prevent costly repairs. Check for cracks along the ridges of the roof, and rust spots or holes in the valleys or downward sloping joints. Make sure there are no missing, loose, or curled shingles, and have them replaced as soon as possible. Make sure your gutters are draining well; clear out any clogs and check to make sure that there are not little granules in the gutters—those can indicate that your roof needs to be resealed.
- Drought followed by heavy rain can wreak havoc on your foundation. Dry conditions cause the soil to shrink away from the foundation, and then when the rains come, gaps around the foundation wall allow water to flow under it! Inspect your foundation to make sure this hasn’t happened. If it has, water your foundation to rehydrate the soil before the rainy season arrives.
- Check the seals on your doors and windows, too. Use caulking to fill in any cracks, and seal windowsills with waterproof sealant or rubber.
- As a Houston electricity company, we want to remind you to make sure you’re using electricity safely. Any unfinished electrical projects or exposed wires can pose a hazard, so check your electrical system for safety at every change of season.
- Small details can make a big difference in preparing your home for a change of season. For instance, when preparing for heavy rains, make sure to lower the level of your backyard swimming pool. Any items that could fly around when it gets windy outside should be secured. If you have wooden exterior doors, they may need a new coat of paint or varnish to protect them from the elements. Before the seasons change, look at your home with a critical eye, because the details that need attention vary from house to house.
Cirro Energy is a Houston electricity company that cares, and that’s why we offer low rates and flexible payment options, along with superior customer service. To find information about making Cirro your Houston electricity company, visit CirroEnergy.com. For more lifestyle and energy-saving tips, follow Cirro on Facebook and Twitter!