The game of the year is almost here. Whether you’re hosting a watch party or joining the guest list, these three recipes are guaranteed to make you the MVP of the night.
These hot dogs with a twist are sure to be a game-day favorite.
- 4 hot dogs
- 1 avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 hot dog buns, split
- 4 small romaine lettuce leaves
- ¼ small red onion, chopped
- hot sauce for drizzling
- Prepare the hot dogs following the package instructions.
- In a bowl, mash the avocado and combine it with the lime juice. Sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon each of salt and black pepper.
- Set the hot dog buns on a serving dish, and place a hot dog in each one.
- Top each hot dog with the lettuce, avocado mixture and onion. For an extra kick, sprinkle with hot sauce.
Image and recipe from realsimple.com
Continue reading “Win Big with These Easy Game-Day Recipes”
This time of year, when the weather is getting brisk, families want to come home to hot, delicious comfort food, in a snug and cozy environment. It is easy to miss out on the simple joys during the busy holiday season, like a warm meal on a cold night. Here are some meals that may just inspire you to slow your pace, and enjoy a relaxing time with your loved ones around the dinner table.
- What could be homier than Beef Stew? In this version, using the slow cooker makes it easy to come home to the warmth and good smells of savory beef and vegetables.
- You don’t have to go to a restaurant to enjoy a favorite pasta such as Alfredo Baked Ziti. In fact, this version is even better than something you’d get in a restaurant, because it has all the creamy, cheesy goodness you want, without the hefty price tag. Best of all, it’s easy to make and only takes about 10 minutes to prepare, and 30 minutes to cook
- There’s something about Chili that really hits the spot on a dreary winter day. This recipe takes a while to make, but it’s well worth the wait, full of hearty beans and beef. Top it with sour cream and cheese, and you have the perfect dish to eat in front of the fire on a cold day.
- Easy Biscuit Chicken Pot Pie may be the comfort food to end all comfort foods. This recipe hits all the important qualifications for the perfect dish: creamy, delicious, filling and easy to make.
- If you’re in the mood for soup, try this Slow Cooker Vegetable Soup recipe. Aside from being a convenient way to prepare your meal, the slow cooker is great for recipes like this one, because it allows all the flavors time to blend and create their own delicious partnership.
- When you want your soup a little heartier, this Classic Beef Tomato Macaroni Soup will hit the spot. This recipe is a sure-fire crowd pleaser –even your little ones will gobble it up!
Helping homeowners and their families succeed is important to Cirro Energy. That’s why we offer electric plans to fit your family’s needs and work within each homeowner’s budget.
Check back every month for new blogs on helpful electricity tips and advice that fits your lifestyle. To compare and see the Cirro Energy advantage, check out our residential comparison page and make the switch today. Cirro Energy, the easy choice for people who like easy choices.
Is it possible to have a happy and healthy Halloween? The thought of Halloween conjures up images of candy galore, but Halloween treats don’t have to be full of sugar. Here, we offer some Halloween recipes to help you have a fun and healthy Halloween.
- Savory snacks like Mummy Toast and Witch’s Pizza Fingers can be fun for your little ghosts and goblins’ after school snacks in October. In fact, you can serve one of these cheesy dishes along with a Veggie Skeleton or Spiders on a Log for a light meal before trick-or-treating.
- Mummies are all the rage, and you can make all different types. Make some tasty Mummy Dogs, serve them with Celery Mummies, and wrap up the mummy-fest with Banana Mummies.
- Don’t forget the spooky fruit! Boo-nanas, Apple Monsters and Candy Corn Fruit Cups are all creative and fun ways to serve fruit for Halloween treats.
- You can throw a healthy Halloween party, because there are so many fun and spooky foods from which to choose. Make Colby jack-o’-lanterns with pepperoni, or use sausage, cheese, baking mix and olives to make Monster Eyes, serve apple slices with Pumpkin Dip, whip up some cute and easy Peanut Butter Pumpkins and Goblin Grins, and serve pretzel and cheese Witches Brooms, peanut butter or cream cheese Spider Crackers or Chocolate Pretzel Spider Webs. Finish off your spread with creative desserts like Little Monster Cupcakes, Dark Chocolate Apples or Frankenstein Marshmallow Pops. Anticipating gluten-free party guests? These Gluten-Free Spiderweb Cupcakes are sure to please.
Healthy Halloween treats can be part of a healthy diet that allows families to thrive. Helping families thrive is important to Cirro Energy. That’s why we offer electric plans to fit your family’s needs, and work within your budget. For more information on our low, fixed-rate electric plans, visit the Cirro Energy website or to speak with a Customer Care agent, residential customers can call 1-800-MY-CIRRO, daily from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. Central Time, and small business customers can call Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Central Time. Customers can also chat online with a Customer Care agent Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Central Time with any questions you may have.