Energy Efficient Solutions are critical when trying to save money on your energy bill. Do you maximize efficiency of large appliances? What do you keep your thermostat on while away? Do you have proper insulation? These are just a few questions to ask yourself when trying to figure out how to save money on your electricity. The best energy efficient solutions vary from household to household depending on the dynamics of your living situation. However, the tips and tricks provided in this video can help any size household with any amount of residents save money on electricity.
Energy Efficient Solutions can be anything from having affordable appliances that reduce energy usage to knowing helpful tricks for lowering your overall energy usage. Proper energy efficient solutions in your home can help you save a significant amount of money on your electricity.
These basic energy efficient solutions will help you lower your energy bill and minimize energy usage in your home.
For more information on how to save money in your home, visit Cirro Energy today! You can also join us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!
Long known as a Dallas Electric Company that offers low rates and top quality service, Cirro Energy cares about saving customers money. Now, in addition to the low fixed rates and money-saving plans, Cirro is proud to offer the installation of smart meters, which will help customers pinpoint exactly how they are using electricity, so that they can save even more money. As if that weren’t enough good news, here are a few energy saving tips to help you start thinking of ways to lower your Dallas electric bill.
• Monitor your thermostat. Setting the thermostat to 78°F when you are not going to be home is an excellent way to save money during the summer, and the more you can keep it at that setting, the better off you’ll be when it’s time to pay the bill. In the winter, try to keep the setting at 68°F, bumping it down to 58°F at night or when you’re going to be out of the house. A programmable thermostat is a great investment, because it keeps you from having to remember to turn the setting up and down.
• Check your insulation. In the summer and the winter, one of the best home energy saving tips is to keep your home protected from the outside temperatures. This means making sure there are no gaps around windows and doors, and that there’s plenty of insulation in the attic. It might also mean investing in energy efficient, double-paned windows, and solar film to keep the sun from overheating rooms.
• Be conservative in your habits. Take showers instead of baths to save water. Run appliances at night instead of during the heat of the day. Turn off lights when you leave a room, and unplug appliances that are not in use. All of these little things can add up to big savings on energy costs.
• Maintain your home. Clean or replace air conditioning and furnace filters regularly. Also, keep up with repairs on the roof, as well as appliances. Plan landscaping carefully, to save energy and increase indoor comfort. Consider having a professional energy audit, to learn ways that you can improve and get more energy saving tips for the home.
• Visit www.smartmetertexas.com. The smart meter is a valuable tool, and registering it at smartmetertexas.com allows you to see not only how much energy you’re using, but when it is being used. By monitoring their usage to lower their electric bills, Dallas electric customers not only can help themselves by lowering their electric bills, but also the state, by reducing the likelihood of rolling blackouts. Now, smartmetertexas.com has a contest running at biggestenergysaver.com, to offer further rewards for reduced energy consumption. With a prizes that include a new set of energy-efficient kitchen appliances, a $5,000 gift check toward a new wind turbine, a new washer and dryer, $1,500 toward replacing your windows, and a $500 home improvement gift card, the Biggest Energy Saver Contest makes saving money even more appealing.
Dallas electric customers have a distinct advantage over most of the country, because residents of Texas get to choose their electric provider! One of the smartest choices you can make in a Dallas electric company is selecting Cirro Energy, a Texas company based in Plano, just north of Dallas, with an additional office in Houston. The choice of over 100,000 people across the state, Cirro offers money-saving plans, online and mobile account management, convenient payment options, local customer service, and low fixed rates.
Visit the website to learn how Cirro can help you, find more energy saving tips for your home, or connect with the community of happy customers on Facebook and Twitter.
What is a rolling blackout? It sounds like something intimidating, perhaps a scene from a scary movie, in which something bad might happen. But what is a rolling blackout, really? Consumers in Texas need to know, because it is possible that Texas may experience rolling blackouts this summer.
A simple answer to the question “what is a rolling blackout” is that it’s a deliberate power outage. Sometimes demand for electricity is higher than the available supply, and it is necessary to reduce the load on the system that generates electricity. You may hear about developing nations often struggling with rolling blackouts, but even nations with reliable power supplies are not immune to the problem; peak demand sometimes forces power operators to cut power.
But what is a rolling blackout’s purpose? By deliberately engineering a power cut, operators can lessen the likelihood of damage to the power grid, and to your home or business. An unexpected power outage can have dire consequences for electronics and appliances, and it is sometimes difficult to restore power after a blackout. Rolling blackouts cut the power in an organized manner, as a last resort, to as few customers as possible. Different blocks of the power grid may be scheduled for blackout at different times, so if you know which grid supplies your power, you can find out when you will lose power. You then can prepare by unplugging or turning off electrical devices in advance and perhaps planning to go to the home of a friend or relative in another area. While developing nations sometimes experience rolling blackouts that last for several hours, nations with reliable power supplies try to limit these scheduled power outages to ninety minutes or less. Certain businesses (including medical facilities) can contact their Transmission Distribution Utility (Oncor in DFW area, CenterPoint in Houston area) to request to be added to the exempt list. Also individuals with vital medical equipment can contact their retail electric provider to request consideration for exemption from the Transmission Distribution Utility.
Texans have experienced rolling blackouts before, and the Electric Reliability Council of Texas, or ERCOT, has predicted that there may be more this summer. Because summers in Texas are hot and dry, they are peak times for electricity usage, and because some generators may go offline, there may not be enough power. Consumers are urged to use energy-saving measures whenever possible, especially from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. on weekdays, to cut down on the need for rolling blackouts.
What is a rolling blackout? It is a hassle, but the annoyance can be lessened if you follow information from the ERCOT Energy Mobile App, which is available in the Apple App Store or Android Market. Fortunately for Texans, the deregulation of energy companies has given consumers the freedom to choose, and many of them are choosing Cirro Energy. Cirro Energy’s local customer service staff provides exceptional customer care, and the company offers low rates and convenient payment options. For more information on Cirro Energy , visit the website or connect with the online community on Facebook and Twitter.