With the warmer months here, we all start heading to our thermostats to get that cool air moving. Unfortunately, doing such can raise an energy bill by quite a lot if you’re not careful. If you are looking to be a little bit thriftier with your air conditioning this summer, the following are some quick tips to help keep your bill from spiking too much while still staying cool.
Continue reading “How to Stay Cool During the Summer”
Homeowners can save money and energy during the winter months without sacrificing warmth. Check out these energy-saving tips from Cirro Energy so you can stay cozy without breaking the bank.
- Lower the thermostat. Follow the U.S. Department of Energy’s recommendations, which state that you can save about 10% on your heating bill by lowering your thermostat 10-15 degrees when you’re out of the house or at night time.*
- Let the sunshine in. We have a natural heater in nature. Why not use it? Use the sun as a heating source for your home. Let the sunlight in through your south-facing windows during the day for a free source of heat.
- Leaks be gone! Energy leaks through your home, often through poorly installed windows and doors. Check your home for potential leaks and seal them to save more.
- Love your winter accessories. One of the best parts of winter is the accessories that go along with the season. So celebrate the arrival of the cool weather with cozy blankets, warm mittens and comfy sweaters, and save yourself a bundle in heating costs at home.
- Look over your heating systems. Maintenance is essential for heating systems that work properly. Be sure to follow up with maintenance checks on your water heater and central heating systems to ensure that they are as energy efficient as possible.
Winter is a time for fun and family. Following these energy-saving tips for winter will enable you enjoy this season without the burden of high energy costs.
If you’re looking to save money on your electricity plan, now is the time to look into it. Visit Cirro Energy’s website for more information on low-cost energy plans, and join Cirro Energy’s social media communities on Facebook and Twitter.
Check back every month for new blogs on helpful electricity tips and advice that fits your lifestyle.
As the seasons change, many homeowners begin to think about how to save money on their energy bills. Cirro Energy is in the business of helping you do that, so it seems only fitting that we’d take this opportunity to talk about energy saving tips to take you through the end of the warm weather and into the cooler months.
- Use ceiling fans to cool off for less than an A/C. Ceiling fans use no more electricity than a standard light bulb.
- Decorate for a cooler home. You can do this by hanging light-colored curtains that allow light to enter a room while blocking some of the sun’s rays.
- Turn your device’s Wi-Fi off when it’s not in use. Wi-Fi gobbles a lot of power on devices because it’s always looking for a signal.
- Beat the heat and save energy by closing unused air vents. There’s no need for you to pay to cool rooms you’re not using.
- Nothing is more energy efficient for cooking than your microwave. It uses two-thirds less energy than a stove.
- Switch your fans to turn in a counter-clockwise direction. This creates a wind-chill effect, making you feel cooler.
- Save up to 4% on your energy bill by doing laundry efficiently. Use the warm or cold-water setting to wash clothes and always use cold water to rinse.
- Create less heat in your home by drying clothes in the early morning or later in the evening. These times of day, when the heat is not as intense, are also great for running the dishwasher and washing machine.
- Get the kids to turn off the gaming consoles & other electronics when they’re not using them. Any device that’s turned off is a device that’s not hogging energy.
- Close blinds or angle them upwards so light is reflected up and into the room. That way direct sun rays are not let in!
- Stock up your refrigerator. All that food keeps it from warming up too fast when the door is open, so a full fridge doesn’t have to work as hard to stay cool.
- When moving a load of laundry from the washer to the dryer, toss in an extra dry towel. It speeds up the drying process, saving you time and money!
- While the weather is still warm outside, save energy by baking at night. It’s better to run your oven when the temperature is cooler.
- Place lighting in the corners of rooms. That way, the light reflects off of both walls and provides more illumination.
When you save money with these energy saving tips, you can use the money in ways that will help your family thrive.
Check back every month for new blogs on helpful electricity tips and advice that fits your lifestyle. To compare and see the Cirro Energy advantage, check out our residential comparison page and make the switch today. Cirro Energy, the easy choice for people who like easy choices.
To speak with a Customer Care agent, residential customers can call 1-800-MY-CIRRO, daily from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. Central Time, and small business customers can call Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Central Time. Customers can also chat online with a Customer Care agent Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Central Time with any questions you may have.