The game of the year is almost here. Whether you’re hosting a watch party or joining the guest list, these three recipes are guaranteed to make you the MVP of the night.
These hot dogs with a twist are sure to be a game-day favorite.
- 4 hot dogs
- 1 avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 hot dog buns, split
- 4 small romaine lettuce leaves
- ¼ small red onion, chopped
- hot sauce for drizzling
- Prepare the hot dogs following package instructions.
- In a bowl, mash the avocado and combine it with the lime juice. Sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon each of salt and black pepper.
- Set the hot dog buns on a serving dish, and place a hot dog in each.
- Top each hot dog with the lettuce, avocado mixture and onion. For an extra kick, sprinkle with hot sauce.
Image and recipe from realsimple.com
Homeowners can save money and energy during the winter months without sacrificing warmth. Check out these energy saving tips from Cirro Energy so you can stay cozy without breaking the bank.
- Lower the thermostat. Follow the U.S. Department of Energy’s recommendations, which state that you can save about 10% on your heating bill by lowering your thermostat 10-15 degrees when you’re out of the house or at night time.*
- Let the sunshine in. We have a natural heater in nature. Why not use it? Use the sun as a heating source for your home. Let the sunlight in through your south-facing windows during the day for a free source of heat.
- Leaks be gone! Energy leaks through your home, often through poorly installed or installed windows and doors. Check your home for potential leaks and seal them to save more.
- Love your winter accessories. One of the best parts of winter is the accessories that go along with the season. So celebrate the arrival of the cool weather with cozy blankets, warm mittens and comfy sweaters, and save yourself a bundle in heating costs at home.
- Look over your heating systems. Maintenance is essential for heating systems that work properly. Be sure to follow up with maintenance checks on your water heater and central heating systems to ensure that they are as energy efficient as possible.
Winter is a time for fun and family. Following these energy saving tips for winter will enable you enjoy this season without the burden of high energy costs.
If you’re looking to save money on your electricity plan, now is the time to look into it. Visit Cirro Energy’s website for more information on low-cost energy plans, and join Cirro’s social media communities on Facebook and Twitter.
When the weather outside is frightful, the thought of exercise can be a bit daunting as well. After all, the last thing anyone wants to do in the bitter cold of winter is stick to a fitness regimen.
Thankfully, there are ways in which you can stay focused on your health goals while avoiding freezing cold temperatures. Don’t let the cold weather stand in the way of your health. Check out these easy exercise tips as alternatives to outdoor exercise to work on your fitness and avoid the winter blues.
- Planks, squats and jumping jacks. These tried and true exercise moves can be done in the comfort of your living room. However, those aren’t the only exercises you can include. Build strength, endurance and good cardiovascular health with everything from dumbbells to jump ropes, all of which can be used indoors.
- Spinning classes. Nothing says workout like a good old fashioned spinning class. Indoor cycling burns calories, works out tons of muscles in your body, and keeps your exercise routine fun.
- Online videos. A couple of decades ago, we had fitness videos on tape. These days, find your fitness videos online! Check out YouTube and look up exercise routines to try indoors. You’ll be surprised how much variety you find right at home.
- Dancing. Dancing is a great way to exercise while having fun. When the cool temperatures lead to chilly feet, what better time to put on your dancing shoes?
- Yoga. For a relaxing way to stay fit, look no further than yoga. With both mental and physical benefits, yoga is the ideal indoor fitness regimen to get you in the spirit of the season.
- Cleaning! That’s right! When all else fails, rest assured that a good cleaning session around the house is a way of getting your exercise during the winter, without having to go outside.
Winter doesn’t have to be a hindrance on your exercise routine. Finding the right indoor regimen for you is all about getting creative and sticking to your goals. Cirro Energy is committed to helping you and your family enjoy wintertime by helping you save money on your electric plan! Visit Cirro Energy’s website for more information on low fixed-price plans, and tune in to Cirro’s social media communities on Facebook and Twitter.