Valentine’s Day is the perfect time to show love toward the people who make a difference in your life. Or, opt for a nontraditional holiday by sharing your heart with your local community. Check out three ways to share the love this Valentine’s Day.
The game of the year is almost here. Whether you’re hosting a watch party or joining the guest list, these three recipes are guaranteed to make you the MVP of the night.
These hot dogs with a twist are sure to be a game-day favorite.
- 4 hot dogs
- 1 avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 hot dog buns, split
- 4 small romaine lettuce leaves
- ¼ small red onion, chopped
- hot sauce for drizzling
- Prepare the hot dogs following package instructions.
- In a bowl, mash the avocado and combine it with the lime juice. Sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon each of salt and black pepper.
- Set the hot dog buns on a serving dish, and place a hot dog in each.
- Top each hot dog with the lettuce, avocado mixture and onion. For an extra kick, sprinkle with hot sauce.
Image and recipe from realsimple.com
Homeowners can save money and energy during the winter months without sacrificing warmth. Check out these energy saving tips from Cirro Energy so you can stay cozy without breaking the bank.
- Lower the thermostat. Follow the U.S. Department of Energy’s recommendations, which state that you can save about 10% on your heating bill by lowering your thermostat 10-15 degrees when you’re out of the house or at night time.*
- Let the sunshine in. We have a natural heater in nature. Why not use it? Use the sun as a heating source for your home. Let the sunlight in through your south-facing windows during the day for a free source of heat.
- Leaks be gone! Energy leaks through your home, often through poorly installed or installed windows and doors. Check your home for potential leaks and seal them to save more.
- Love your winter accessories. One of the best parts of winter is the accessories that go along with the season. So celebrate the arrival of the cool weather with cozy blankets, warm mittens and comfy sweaters, and save yourself a bundle in heating costs at home.
- Look over your heating systems. Maintenance is essential for heating systems that work properly. Be sure to follow up with maintenance checks on your water heater and central heating systems to ensure that they are as energy efficient as possible.
Winter is a time for fun and family. Following these energy saving tips for winter will enable you enjoy this season without the burden of high energy costs.
If you’re looking to save money on your electricity plan, now is the time to look into it. Visit Cirro Energy’s website for more information on low-cost energy plans, and join Cirro’s social media communities on Facebook and Twitter.