Long known as a Dallas Electric Company that offers low rates and top quality service, Cirro Energy cares about saving customers money. Now, in addition to the low fixed rates and money-saving plans, Cirro is proud to offer the installation of smart meters, which will help customers pinpoint exactly how they are using electricity, so that they can save even more money. As if that weren’t enough good news, here are a few energy saving tips to help you start thinking of ways to lower your Dallas electric bill.
• Monitor your thermostat. Setting the thermostat to 78°F when you are not going to be home is an excellent way to save money during the summer, and the more you can keep it at that setting, the better off you’ll be when it’s time to pay the bill. In the winter, try to keep the setting at 68°F, bumping it down to 58°F at night or when you’re going to be out of the house. A programmable thermostat is a great investment, because it keeps you from having to remember to turn the setting up and down.
• Check your insulation. In the summer and the winter, one of the best home energy saving tips is to keep your home protected from the outside temperatures. This means making sure there are no gaps around windows and doors, and that there’s plenty of insulation in the attic. It might also mean investing in energy efficient, double-paned windows, and solar film to keep the sun from overheating rooms.
• Be conservative in your habits. Take showers instead of baths to save water. Run appliances at night instead of during the heat of the day. Turn off lights when you leave a room, and unplug appliances that are not in use. All of these little things can add up to big savings on energy costs.
• Maintain your home. Clean or replace air conditioning and furnace filters regularly. Also, keep up with repairs on the roof, as well as appliances. Plan landscaping carefully, to save energy and increase indoor comfort. Consider having a professional energy audit, to learn ways that you can improve and get more energy saving tips for the home.
• Visit www.smartmetertexas.com. The smart meter is a valuable tool, and registering it at smartmetertexas.com allows you to see not only how much energy you’re using, but when it is being used. By monitoring their usage to lower their electric bills, Dallas electric customers not only can help themselves by lowering their electric bills, but also the state, by reducing the likelihood of rolling blackouts. Now, smartmetertexas.com has a contest running at biggestenergysaver.com, to offer further rewards for reduced energy consumption. With a prizes that include a new set of energy-efficient kitchen appliances, a $5,000 gift check toward a new wind turbine, a new washer and dryer, $1,500 toward replacing your windows, and a $500 home improvement gift card, the Biggest Energy Saver Contest makes saving money even more appealing.
Dallas electric customers have a distinct advantage over most of the country, because residents of Texas get to choose their electric provider! One of the smartest choices you can make in a Dallas electric company is selecting Cirro Energy, a Texas company based in Plano, just north of Dallas, with an additional office in Houston. The choice of over 100,000 people across the state, Cirro offers money-saving plans, online and mobile account management, convenient payment options, local customer service, and low fixed rates.
[gravityform id=”1″ name=”Contact Us!”]