Are you ready for some energy saving tips? As the seasons change, many homeowners begin to think about how to save money on their energy bills. Cirro Energy is in the business of saving people money on their energy bills, so it seems only fitting that we’d take this opportunity to talk about energy saving tips to take you through the end of the warm weather and into the cooler months.
- Use ceiling fans to cool off for less than an A/C. Ceiling fans use no more electricity than a standard light bulb.
- Decorate for a cooler home. You can do this by hanging light-colored curtains that allow light to enter a room while blocking some of the sun’s rays.
- Turn your device’s Wi-Fi off when it’s not in use. Wi-Fi gobbles a lot of power on devices because it’s always looking for a signal.
- Beat the heat and save energy by closing unused air vents. There’s no need for you to pay to cool rooms you’re not using.
- Nothing is more energy efficient for cooking than your microwave. It uses two-thirds less energy than a stove.
- Switch your fans to turn in a counter-clockwise direction. This creates a wind-chill effect, making you feel cooler.
- Save up to 4% on your energy bill by doing laundry efficiently. Use the warm or cold-water setting to wash clothes and always use cold water to rinse.
- Create less heat in your home by drying clothes in the early morning or later in the evening. These times of day, when the heat is not as intense, are also great for running the dishwasher and washing machine.
- Get the kids to turn off the gaming consoles & other electronics when they’re not using them. Any device that’s turned off is a device that’s not hogging energy.
- Close blinds or angle them upwards so light is reflected up and into the room. That way direct sun rays are not let in!
- Stock up your refrigerator. All that food keeps it from warming up too fast when the door is open, so a full fridge doesn’t have to work as hard to stay cool.
- When moving a load of laundry from the washer to the dryer, toss in an extra dry towel. It speeds up the drying process, saving you time and money!
- While the weather is still warm outside, save energy by baking at night. It’s better to run your oven when the temperature is cooler.
- Place lighting in the corners of rooms. That way, the light reflects off of both walls and provides more illumination.
When you save money with these energy saving tips, you can use the money in ways that will help your family thrive. Helping families thrive is important to Cirro Energy. That’s why we offer electric plans to fit your family’s needs, and work within your budget. For more information on our low fixed-rate electric plans, visit the Cirro website. Visit us on Facebook and Twitter to connect with the online community and glean more energy saving tips.