At Cirro Energy, we love the summer! As a company with deep roots in the community, we work to keep up with all the great summer activities happening in Houston, Texas. If you call Houston home, you can either choose to dash off to some exotic locale for summer fun, or you can make the most of your own hometown, filling your summer staycation with these fun events and activities!
- Make a splash: Head up to Lake Conroe for fun on the lake. If you’re not a lake person but still enjoy the water, a trip to Galveston offers the beach and Schlitterbahn.
- Dive into culture: Hit the museum district for some indoor fun that will stretch the brain and feed the soul. You can ride the Wave from place to place and take advantage of free admission times to give your budget a break.
- Get to thinking: If you have a future astronaut in the making, there’s no better day out than at Space Center Houston. Or you can show the kids where Houston got its start, at the San Jacinto Monument and Battlefield. You can also check out your local library for special programs or just great books!
- Go on an adventure: Why not visit Buffalo Bayou, where you can kayak around the waterway? The Downtown Aquarium is a great place to dream of life under the sea, or you and your kids can have fun exploring Discovery Green, The Children’s Museum of Houston, The Nature Discovery Center or the Houston Arboretum.
- Root for the home team: Summer is a great time to take in a Houston Astros game, or, if you prefer soccer, check out the Houston Dynamo. There is always something going on at NRG Stadium/NRG Park, especially if you want to check out the Houston Texans Training Camp!
One benefit of getting out and about for a staycation is that when you’re not at home, you’re saving money by using less electricity! Helping families save money on electricity is important to Cirro Energy. That’s why we offer electric plans to fit your family’s needs and work within your budget. For more information on electric plans, visit the Cirro Energy website. To connect with the online community, visit us on Facebook and Twitter.