Choosing an energy company in Texas is a right that Texas homeowners have had for over a decade. Since deregulation of the industry, Texans have enjoyed the same distribution and transmission systems they have always had, but now competition between companies means better service and lower prices. Of course, every company will present their own advantages, so how can a consumer make the best decision? When you are ready to choose an energy company in Texas, consider these tips:
- Research each company before you make a decision. Do not go with the first company that comes along, but find out exactly what options are available before you make a decision.
- Decide on what is important to you.Make a list of things that matter to you, like cost, 24/7 local customer service, green energy, surge protection, etc.,
and use this list to narrow the field.
- Make sure the company you are considering is a licensed provider in good standing. You can confirm this by checking the Public Utility Commission of Texas website.
- Understand the different services available. New technologies bring new types of services, so make sure you have assessed your personal needs and take advantage of options like mobile account service, eBill and free credit card payments.
- Compare the rates of each local energy company in Texas. Understand the price per kWh, because the lower your price per kWh, the lower your electric bill will be. Ask about current market conditions, and look at both promotional rates and less risky long term fixed prices.
- Know your company’s background. Working with an electricity supplier that also uses renewable energy sources may be a preference, and knowing the history of your company will give you a sense of its reputation. Do some online research, talk to friends who have used the company, and check with the Better Business Bureau to ensure your company has an A+ rating. Look for strong financial backing by a Fortune 500 company.
- Understand the terms of your agreement. Be clear on things like fees for calling customer service or paying with a credit card. Be aware of any cancellation fees or term commitments .
If you are looking for an energy company in Texas, consider Cirro Energy. With exceptional customer service, smart money saving plans and online account management, Cirro is the choice of more than one hundred thousand Texans. To learn more about Cirro Energy visit our website. Also, join our community on Facebook and Twitter for more money saving tips and information.