Get ready for a summer of heart-pounding, bubble-popping, mind-stretching, floor-stomping and clown-laughing fun during this summer’s performances at Summer Fun Thursdays powered by Cirro Energy. Children and parents/caregivers are invited to come inside, out-of-the-sun to The Shops at Willow Bend’s annual community program, Summer Fun Thursdays. Summer Fun Thursdays is a free event hosted Thursdays in June and July at 1:00 PM in Grand Court, located on the lower level between Neiman Marcus and the Food Court at The Shops at Willow Bend in Dallas, Texas.
“As a mom of two young girls I know how important it is to find fun things to do as a family during the hot summer months when the kids are out of school. Summer Fun Thursdays was created eight years ago to provide families with an indoor activity in a safe environment of the mall out of the hot Texas sun” says Amy Medford, Marketing & Sponsorship Director for the center.
The summer fun will kick-off with Vocal Trash: A Stomping Sensation on June 12 and continue every Thursday through July 31 with a finale performance by the one and only David Chicken. Each Thursday’s performance is unique, inventive and sure to capture a child’s imagination. The following acts will be performing in the coming weeks:
- July 3 – Sci-Tech Discovery Center
- Sci-Tech Discovery Center provides mind-stretching fun to families in North Texas: Whoosh, is it getting windy in here? Hold onto your seats for this explosively entertaining look at matter, physical and chemical changes, and the effects of extreme temperatures. Join Sci-Tech Discovery Center for mind-stretching fun for the entire family!
- July 10 – Eddie Coker; Live on Stage
- Dallas’s own children’s singer/songwriter, Eddie Coker, will delight all comers with his unique singing performance. His songs and performances will feature fanciful and quirky characters and provide educational and spiritual support, including character building, fostering kindness and empathy, physical fitness and self-value.
- July 17 –Toddy McKinney Comedy Magic Show
- Todd McKinney is one of the best magicians for kids in the Central Texas area. His high energy shows offer original and amazing magic, join-in-fun and audience participation for children of all ages.
- July 24 – Ringling Brothers & Barnum & Bailey®
- Join Ambassadors of Laughter, Slappy and Monday as they celebrate performance power that boosts circus-goers excitement. Step right up, test your circus skills, and laugh at the hilarious antics of the clowns prior to Built to Amaze! coming to American Airlines Center July 30 – August 10 and Ft. Worth Convention Center August 13 – 17.
- July 31 – David Chicken Live Show Spectacular.
- David Chicken, a talented singer-songwriter will lead the audience through a high-energy, interactive performance filled with creative movement, motivational messages and general hilarity. Named ‘Best of Big D’ by D Magazine, the singer invites members of the audience on stage to sing, play musical instruments and be a star. Everyone’s invited to join the fun and learn to scackle!
Performances begin at 1:00 PM in Grand Court, located on the lower level between Neiman Marcus and the Food Court.
Pre-Entertainment begins at 12 noon, presented by Chick-fil-A.
All performances are free of charge and open to the public.